1. sources 2. stable 3. process 4. composed 5. observing 6. combination 7. explosion 8. existence 9. occupied 10. creation
1. at 2.in 3.on 4.for 5.on 6. between 7. for 8.with 9.at 10.of
1.J 2.L 3.G 4.M 5.O 6.A 7.I 8.B 9.D 10.E
1. It is easiest to examine the sudden arrival of a new idea in the great creative personalities, many of whom experienced it in an intensified form.
2. The Gaels’ offspring are the modern Scots and Irish, some of whom still speak the Gaelic language.
3. George explained that this was the official dress for taking examination, many of which wee held in June.
4. The Miracle, for which his unconscious mind had been seeking for so long, happened at last.
5. The conscious mind at the moment of creation knew nothing of the actual processes through which the solution was found.
1. the more knowledge he will have
2. the less he liked it
3. the less you have to pay for it
4. the more exciting it will be
5. the greater progress you will make
1. There are twenty universities in this city, some of which are world-famous.
2. the more he thinks about it, the angrier he becomes.
3. She was filled with pity for the innocent victims.
4. He was occupied with his business matters and didn’t have time to think about a holiday.
5. The country’s economy depends to some degree on the import of raw materials.
6. After several discussions between the members of the committee, a new plan of action began to take shape.
X. 1.B 2.A 3.B 4.C 5.A 6.A 7.B 8.C 9.A 10.A
11.B 12.C 13.A 14.B 15.A 16.C 17.C 18.A 19.B 20.A
When I stated to learn English at my junior middle school, I had a kind and patient teacher. She was very encouraging to all of her students. Because of her encouragement, I answered every question I could eagerly, never worrying much about making mistakes. I was at the top of my class for two years. In contrast, the method by which I was taught English in senior middle school was not well suited to my learning style. My new teacher quickly punished those who gave wrong answers. Whenever we answered incorrectly, she would shout at us. As a result I lost my desire and confidence and did not make any progress in learning.
1.A 2.B 3C 4.C 5.A
Comprehension of the Text
1.A 2.B 3.D 4.C 5.C 6.B 7.D 8.A
1.advantage 2. remarked 3. claimed 4.convince 5. productive
6. enquiry 7. potential 8. transfer 9. recall 10.enhance
1. together 2. On 3.of 4.for 5.up 6.away 7.on/upon 8. in 9.to 10.of